[linux-dvb] Concurrent reads from dvr0 ?

Hi,
today I modified mplayer so that a first instance can tune a frequency and read from dvr0, while another instance can simply
set the right demuxers and read from dvr0 (without tuning).

The problem is that when both are active both are very slow and data is often lost, even when only dumping the streams (without decoding).

When I use a single dvbstream with 4 demuxers everything works well.

Aren't concurrent read()s supported? Should I do something else than the usual sequence of
open() / set_pes_filter / poll() - read() on demux0 and dvr0 ?

Kernel version is 2.4.22 with drivers 1.0.0.

Thanks,
Nico