[linux-dvb] Re: recording and watching paralle not possiblel?

Dirk wrote:

Nico wrote:

I don't know if it's possible to use the decoder while you are recording (is it enough
to set DMX_OUT_DECODER instead of DMX_OUT_TS_TAP ?),

(I think this a question with am idea for a solution- I can't answer :-) )
If this is the only way to pass data to the decoder than I can't
think of any way to make it work: the demuxer wouldn't get
any data at all and mplayer would exit immediately.

I'll study the dvb-video  api.

but it's still possible to run mplayer -vo xv on the file you are recording;

mencoder dvb:// ... file.mpg
mplayer -vo xv file.mpg

Yes, of course, I have been using this for several months (with a Nova-s card without mpeg decoder).
But the decoder was the main reason why I bought this expensive decoder DVB card: To get
at better image quality and more smooth motions.

Dirk