[linux-dvb] Nova-CI: why does opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 return "no such device?"

Hello and good day. After a long time playing with a simple Nova
budget card, I now purchased a Nova-CI, together with an appropriate
CAM and card. I decided to buy the budget card instead of a
full-featured card since I saw that there ws a specific budget-ci
module, so I expected I would be able to access the ca0 device. But
instead, open returns "no such device." (for the rest, the card works
exactly the same as the old one).

I run kernel 2.6.1, with dvb drivers from CVS. The following modules
are loaded:

stv0299
budget_ci
budget_core
dvb_core
saa7146
ttpci_eeprom

and I receive the following messages at boot:

saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem e29f6e00 (revision 1, irq 5) (0x13c2,0x100f).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI).
TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:22:58:39
bound device '0000:00:08.0' to driver 'budget_ci dvb'
probe_tuner: try to attach to TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI
drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stv0299.c: setup for tuner SU1278/SH
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based)...

Is someone having success with accessing the CAM on such a card? Or am
I overlooking something  critical?

Thanks...

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - fluido@fluido.as             che bisogno ci sarebbe