[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-CI: why does opening /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0 return "no such device?"

Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
> Hello and good day. After a long time playing with a simple Nova
> budget card, I now purchased a Nova-CI, together with an appropriate
> CAM and card. I decided to buy the budget card instead of a
> full-featured card since I saw that there ws a specific budget-ci
> module, so I expected I would be able to access the ca0 device. But
> instead, open returns "no such device." (for the rest, the card works
> exactly the same as the old one).
> Is someone having success with accessing the CAM on such a card? Or am
> I overlooking something  critical?

I'm sorry to have to disappoint you, but the common interface is
not supported because we have no information from the vendor how
it works. I added a note to Kconfig accordingly.
(Due to the different board layout the Nove-CI needs its own
driver, which functionally equivalent to the non-CI version.)

Johannes