[linux-dvb] Re: dec2000-t seen as USB-Nova

Alex Woods wrote:
On Sunday 25 January 2004 5:22 pm, gazzer82-lists1234@mailblocks.com wrote:

I have compiled and installed the drivers. I then ran ./insmod.sh

as expected there where some errors as it loaded all modules.

I then ran dmesg but the result was

saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'dudget dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb /w video in'.
usb.c: registered new driver Technotrend/Hauppauge  USB-Nova

and that is it, not sign of a DEC2000 driver load.

Any ideas?

That's just the usb-nova driving registering itself as an available driver. I don't think the dec driver is in the insmod script - just load it manually:

insmod ttusb_dec.o
Do we want to add ttusb_dec.o to the insmod.sh script? Might this cause any side-effects?

Holger