[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with Nova-T & 2.6.1

Holger Waechtler <holger@convergence.de> wrote :

> zen7175@zen.co.uk
> wrote:
> > Koivisto Kimmo &amp;lang=en">kimmo.koivisto@surfeu.fi>

> >>around

> >>Hello
> >>
> >>At least my Nova-T worked with Fedora C1 + 2.6.1-1.37, I haven't tried it
> with
> >>
> >>newer kernels.

> >>I did the same

> dvb
> >>
> >>My card is nova-t pci, version 923.
> >>
> >>I'm loading the modules in following order (I also have analog TV card,
> which
> >>
> >>uses bttv so I have some of the modules needed loaded already):
> >>
> >>dvb_core
> >>saa7146
> >>budget-core
> >>budget
> >>grundig_29504-401
> >>
> >>List of other modules that are loaded too (for analog TV-card):
> >>tuner
> >>tvaudio
> >>msp3400
> >>bttv
> >>video_buf
> >>i2c_algo_bit
> >>btcx_risc
> >>i2c_core
> >>v4l2_common
> >>
> >>After I have loaded the modules, dmesg shows:
> >>saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
> >>saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem e2f91000 (revision 1, irq 5) (0x13c2,0x1005).
> >>DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
> >>TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:20:4d:8e
> >>DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Grundig 29504-401)..
> >>
> >>Only thing that you need, is dvb-apps from CVS. From dvb-apps you can find
>
> >>scan and tzap.
> >>
> >>scan: you can scan your channels and create channels.conf file for other
> >>applications
> >>tzap: you can tune to some channel with this
> >>
> >>In addition, you can get the dvbtools from dvbtools CVS
> >>(http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbtools/),
> >>where you can get:
> >>dvbtune: you can scan your channels and do other things that I dont know
> >>anything
> >>dvbstream: you can pipe your audio and video stream to file or to some
> player
> >>
> >>(mplayer).
> >>You can use mplayer or xine directly without dvbstream by defining dvb://
> >>
> >>the command line (mplayer dvb:// -tv lots-of-options).
> >>
> >>Someone should verify that these "instructions" are okay, I'm not sure
> about
> >>
> >>anything...
> >>
> >>BR
> >>Kimmo Koivisto
> >>

> >>--
> >>Info:
> >

> > Thanks for the info.
> >
> > The more I look at this, (and I may be very wrong on this as my linux
> experience isn't great) it appears as though the FC2 2.6.1-1.61 kernel package
> isn't created with a module for the tda1004x frontend.
> >
> > From the kernel config file;

> [...]

Hi

Two different locations are mentioned in the dvb-kernel firmware.txt;

/etc/dvb/tda1004x.bin
and the kernel tda1004x Kconfig file;
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin

I have placed the .dll file to both locations, but I still can't modprobe tda1004x. I assume i'm missing something fairly obvious. Any ideas?

Thanks
Peter