[linux-dvb] Re: Compilation problems with 2.6 & CVS?

Hello,

On 04/06/04 08:13, lamikr wrote:
I took half a day from me to realize this in the first time. "vmlinux.lds.s" is created during the kernel build so before building drivers
# cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.5
# make
Yes, right.

Patching the kernel source with "makelinks" and recompiling kernel+modules works, but only after disabling the following modules in the kernel config:
- Siemens-Nixdorf 'Multimedia eXtension Board'
- Philips-Semiconductors 'dpc7146 demonstration board'
- Hexium HV-PCI6 and Orion frame grabber
- Hexium Gemini frame grabber

Otherwise I get errors like this:
... cut ...
CC [M] drivers/media/video/mxb.o
drivers/media/video/mxb.c:1010: error: unknown field `v_calc' specified in initializer
drivers/media/video/mxb.c:1011: error: unknown field `h_calc' specified in initializer
drivers/media/video/mxb.c:1015: error: unknown field `v_calc' specified in initializer
drivers/media/video/mxb.c:1016: error: unknown field `h_calc' specified in initializer
drivers/media/video/mxb.c:1020: error: unknown field `v_calc' specified in initializer
drivers/media/video/mxb.c:1021: error: unknown field `h_calc' specified in initializer
drivers/media/video/mxb.c:1025: error: unknown field `v_calc' specified in initializer
drivers/media/video/mxb.c:1026: error: unknown field `h_calc' specified in initializer
make[4]: *** [drivers/media/video/mxb.o] Error 1

I don't need any of those modules, but maybe someone could look into it anyway?
The problem is, that "makelinks" replaces the saa7146 driver with the saa7146 from CVS, whereas the drivers mentioned above are not replaced. I recently changed the internal interface of some of the saa7146 functions, so the in-kernel saa7146 users won't compile anymore.

If you don't need these drivers, simply disable them.

Thanks!
Jesper
CU
Michael.