[linux-dvb] Continuity counter inconsistency

Hi,

playing around I found a transponder where the broadcast company
decided to use nearly random continuity counters (CC). Is this
permited by the DVB standard?

Regardless, I found an inconsistent behaviour of the driver
(dvb-kernel, CVS from 02.04.2004):

Using section filters I get:
with budget card                        - no data at all
with full featured card & hw_sections=0 - no data at all
with full featured card & hw_sections=1 - only one section
 delivered. You have to restart the filter to get another one.

Using PES filters (DMX_OUT_TAP):
with budget card        - full stream delivered
with full featured card - no data at all

(budget card is a WinTV-Nova, full featured a WinTV Rev 2.1)

It shows out that for software sections the packets are
discarded in dmx_demux.c dvb_dmx_swfilter_section_packet(). For
the full featured card this is AFAIK inside the firmware.

I thing the driver should behave consistently regardless on
which hardware. And it should be possible to disable the CC
checking e.g. with a flag DMX_IGNORE_CC.

Regards
Oliver.