[linux-dvb] Re: stability problems + closing and re-opening the frontend

[...]

> 3) If I put a sleep(x) after the close, and x>dvb_shutdown_timeout then the
> next tune will fail and you see the zigzag algorithm kick in trying
> endlessly to find a signal. I've put a test software that reproduce that
> everytime in attachment.
>
> >From those 3 observations, I can guess there is two different bugs around
> > the frontend:

[...]

> B) The frontend goes into a bad state after the dvb_shutdown_timeout.
>
> I'm trying to find what's wrong in the DVB code, but if you guys can tell
> me what you think of all this, I'll be more than happy.

Which frontend device is that? (need both the driver and the exact ID as
printed on the device itself)

If dvb_shutdown_timeout==0, the frontend thread stops when the frontend is
closed.

If dvb_shutdown_timeout==x, the frontend thread waits for x seconds, puts the
frontend device to sleep, and then stops when the frontend is closed.

It sounds like the frontend is not waking up properly once its been put to
sleep.