[linux-dvb] Re: stability problems + closing and re-opening the frontend

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 03:55:11PM +0200, Valsecchi Patrick wrote:

> A) A critical ressource is not well protected and the kernel loses
> some information about the frontend filedescriptor after some weird
> combination of operation. It's maybe due to CONFIG_PREEMPT=y.

I'm using CONFIG_PREEMPT all the time. Works fine.
(There are issues with SMP, though).

But what is that:

    printf("No data within twenty seconds. Reseting the ARM\n");
    if(ioctl(frontEnd,74,NULL)==-1) {
      ERROR("Cannot reset the ARM");
      exit(-1);
    }

That's totally bogus, unless you have modified your driver.

Johannes