[linux-dvb] Re: stability problems + closing and re-opening the frontend

> Thanks. I'm sorry for hassling you with that; I see from an
> earlier posting
> you have a BSRU6/TDQB-500x tuner, I should have checked back
> further in the
> list :(

No problem. That gave me the occasion to see how it's like inside the tinbox  ;-)

> > I tried with dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 and I had that bug.
>
> So you get the *same* problem as when it was non-zero?! That
> is weird; I've
> not seen anything like that myself.. although I am using a
> budget card here
> with an stv0299 based tuner.

Yes, the same problem. That's by putting it to 0 that I discovered that problem.

> Once it has gone into that bad state, how do you get it out
> of it again? Does
> it need a reboot, or a reload of the drivers....?

Restarting the process is enough. No need of re-loading the module. If you want, I can provide some logs with dvb-core in debug. Maybe you can look at the test software to see if I do something wrong...

> Is this still with the "DVB drivers from an un-patched 2.6.4
> kernel"; 'cos
> there have been an awful lot of changes (hopefully
> improvements :) to the
> frontend code since then. Can I maybe send you a recent
> snapshot since you
> don't have CVS access?

Yes, still an unpatched 2.6.4 Linux kernel. I didn't see any DVB change in the 2.6.5. I would be more than happy to test with a newer version. That's a pain to do Linux development without CVS access!

Thanks.