[linux-dvb] Re: stability problems + closing and re-opening the frontend

>   1) frontend lost (cannot tune) if I re-open it from the same process
> after dvb_shutdown_timeout. 2) frontend lost (operation not permitter on
> "select") if I re-open it from a another process before
> dvb_shutdown_timeout. 3) frontend lost (cannot tune) after around 1000
> tune-read cycles ().
>
> Doesn't anybody sees the same problems? At least for #3 I know I'm not
> alone...

Hi, unfortunately my DVB-S machine has just died; I'll have to wait till
tomorrow for it to be rebooted before I can try it.

In the meantime, I tested it with a DVB-T card (changed frequency setup and
disabled DISEQC). I don't see any of your issues with that.

It has to be either the lack of DISEQC or is specific to your card type. Oh,
or it could be 2.6 I suppose. Target kernel for me right now is 2.4.25. I'll
get 2.6 going on that machine as well.