[linux-dvb] Re: stability problems + closing and re-opening the frontend

On Thursday 08 April 2004 08:49, Valsecchi Patrick wrote:
> > It has to be either the lack of DISEQC or is specific to your
> > card type. Oh,
> > or it could be 2.6 I suppose. Target kernel for me right now
> > is 2.4.25. I'll
> > get 2.6 going on that machine as well.
>
> This morning, I tried 2.4.25 with the snapshot you gave me. The two
> re-openning bugs cannot be reproduced on it. So those two bugs are 2.6
> specific, I guess 2.6 behaves a lot differently in a lot of domains...
>
> New bug: I have "operation not permitted" during FE_SET_VOLTAGE. That
> happens only when I start the test software after a long period of
> inactivity. Another dvb_shutdown_timeout issue? If I put a sleep(1) between
> the frontend "open" call and the setup_switch call, it doesn't happen
> though. I should do QA, looks like I'm a magnet for bugs  ;-)
>
> I have some troubles with my application (pthread) on 2.4. As soon as I can
> make it work on that version, I'll do some full scale stability tests.

Hi, just tested with vanilla 2.6.5 (+ CVS dvb-kernel). The card was a TT
budget DVB-S card (SU1278/STV0299 tuner). It doesn't have any of these
problems. My kernel config is equivalent to the one you've just sent me.

Unfortunately I do not have any full featured cards, so I can't really help
any more... perhaps someone else can?