[linux-dvb] DVB, KnoppMyth and firmware

Hello Everyone,

I'm working on my next release of KnoppMyth and would like to include support for DVB. I'd like to include the firmware for the various cards so they can be supported out the box. Reading the docs, I see that I have to download them from various locations. While I can do this to build the modules, the firmware will still be needed when the modules load correct? I've gotten support from Hauppauge in the past to include the Windows driver for the PVR-x50. Hauppauge is again willing to allow me to include the Windows software needed to support DVB cards. I'd like to include support for as many cards as possible. Since this is first time I'm 'playing' with DVB, I'd appreciate some assistance in getting DVB support in KnoppMyth.
Here is what I'm thinking so far:

Download the needed files/firmware to build the modules. Remove files/firmware and instruct end-user on how to obtain them. Cons:Additional step involved for the enduser.

Download the needed files/firmware to build the modules. Contact manufactuers and ask permission to include firmware. Cons:Some manufactuers may not be enlightened.

Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thaks,
Cecil