[linux-dvb] Re: Make the driver ready for sysfs/udev

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 04:57:43PM +0200, Michael Hunold wrote:
> On 10.04.2004 14:20, Indy500 wrote:
> >I know this question was asked for several weeks and the only answer was
> >that it will not be "that big thing" to make your drivers ready for sysfs.
> >
> >Meanwhile I'm using only udev and it were nice if the DVB-Drivers would
> >support udev. Unfortunately I'm not a coder and not able to do this.
> >Is there someone who is working on it and will be come such a driver in
> >next Time?
>
> Of course sysfs support should be added as soon as possible to the
> dvb-core, but so far nobody has volunteered to contribute a patch. AFAIK
> it hasn't been specified what really should be provided through sysfs
> besides the ability to load firmware.

Well, sysfs must provide the necessary information so udev
can create the appropriate device nodes. I guess that's
a bit more work than the usual class_simple boilerplate stuff.

If someone wants to work on it, the "Device model" section
of http://lwn.net/Articles/driver-porting/ has some info.

Johannes