[linux-dvb] Re: KaxTV : feedback needed

Hi,

I gave it a try.

libxine-1.rc3 installed in /usr/local
Well, I changed it to /usr/lib, so that it compiled on my gentoo. :-)

- scan : click on the green TV button.
Uhm, could you tell me where that button is? I can't find it. When I
select Play-dvb, it shows me the first channel I have in channels.conf
(form .xine, I guess). I can't switch it though, or I dunno how. If I
press the "channels" button if says unknown dvb. (I have a Technisat
Skystar 2 Rev 2.3, which works fine with xine and vdr.)

When I press the OSD button while watching dvb it crashes.

Wehn I exit kaxtv, it crashes (same does kaffeine).

- view live : double click on a channel name in the list.
couldn't test it due to above.

I didn't properly test timeshifting as waiting two seconds it didn't
prperly work. First it played the timeshifted signal and after a few
seconds (maybe when buffer was empty) it went to live signal thus
skipping what was in between.

Devel machine :
linux 2.4.21
2.6.5-mm4 based

glibc 2.2.5
glibc-2.3.3_pre20040207

gcc 3.0.3
gcc 3.3.3

kde 3.1.0
kde-3.2.1

libxine-1.rc3a
xine-lib-1_rc3-r2

wintv-nova-s-ci-pci on hotbird.
Technisat Skystar 2 Rev 2.3 dvb-s on astra 19° (can also test hotbird
13° and astra 28°/Eurobird)

linuxtv-dvb-1.0.1
the one in kernel: dmesg gives:
drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/skystar2.c: FlexCopII(rev.130) chip found
drivers/media/dvb/b2c2/skystar2.c: the chip has 6 hardware filters
driver_initialize MAC address = ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:00
DVB: registering new adapter (Technisat SkyStar2 driver).
DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Zarlink MT312)...

Maybe my cflags are too aggressive, but I couldn't make kaffeine not to
crash on exit. Otherwise I have no troubles with other apps (well xine
sometimes hangs if I simply close it while watching dvb. Pressing stop
before exit prevents it.):

CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe -ffast-math  -falign-functions=16
-falign-loops=16 -falign-jumps=16 -falign-labels=1
-fprefetch-loop-arrays -ftracer -frename-registers -fomit-frame-pointer
-m3dnow -msse -mmmx -mfpmath=387 -s"

bye,

Prakash