[linux-dvb] Re: KaxTV : feedback needed

Le Mardi 13 Avril 2004 15:10, Prakash K. Cheemplavam a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I gave it a try.
>
> > libxine-1.rc3 installed in /usr/local
>
> Well, I changed it to /usr/lib, so that it compiled on my gentoo. :-)
>
> > - scan : click on the green TV button.
>
> Uhm, could you tell me where that button is? I can't find it.

First, thanx for testing :)
Did you make install, needed to have kaxtv's icons installed ?
This button is the top-left one on the dvbpanel (tooltiped "channels").

> When I select Play-dvb, it shows me the first channel I have in
>channels.conf
> (form .xine, I guess).

kaxtv doesn't use the xine dvb plugin(i may disable it). you have first to add
channels (or better scan) by clicking on the "channels" button to get your
channels in the dvbpanel's listbox. (channels.kax will be stored in ~/.kaxtv)
then double click on one.

> I can't switch it though, or I dunno how. If I
> press the "channels" button if says unknown dvb. (I have a Technisat
> Skystar 2 Rev 2.3, which works fine with xine and vdr.)

while the device is used by xine dvb plugin, kaxtv can't open it, so can't get
card info.

--
Christophe