[linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing

On Saturday 17 April 2004 23:22, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Throughout all this fuzz about budget-ci, I have kept scratching my head
> trying to figure out if this new code (with little or some modification)
> could fit the KNC1/Typhoon/Terratec (budget-av) class of cards also?
>
> What kind of chips are you actually communicating with through the saa7146?

Its basically just a custom Lattice CPLD wired nearly directly to the PCMCIA
interface. This is so IO and attribute memory can be accessed on the card.

There are also some latches to demultiplex the address/data lines from the
DEBI bus as well, but you don't program them; it just happens automatically
during a DEBI access. Everything is wired to the 8 bit DEBI expansion bus on
the SAA7146. About the cheapest way you could possibly do it...

Whats on the KNC1/Typhoon/Terratec? Do they have a more sophisticated chip
(e.g. the CiMAX 2.0 chip).... if they do, they could certainly use the
generic dvb_ca_en50221 implementation to do most of the work.