[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel CVS branched for Linux 2.4

Hello,

I appreciate the concerns you have regarding patching and doing work by
hand.  Could some scripts be written to automate this process some? I
doubt I am the only one effected by this and would very much like to see
things continue they way they "are" with active development occurring in
both 2.4 and 2.6 code.

I'm not trying to make more work for you, believe it or not I've still got
some applications that want the old API, and that definitely won't port to
2.6, not to mention that I haven't performed any regression testing on 2.6
with regards to latency.  For this to occur without warning is more than
concerning to me.  Has development of 2.7 begun yet? If not, can we
consider 2.6 stable enough to force people to move to it?

Is it possible discussion could occur before making such a change?

_J