[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel CVS branched for Linux 2.4

Wolfgang Thiel wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 06:50:30PM +0200, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > Consequently, I've created a "linux_2_4" branch in dvb-kernel CVS for
> > the driver version for Linux 2.4.
> >
> > Main development in CVS HEAD will be for Linux 2.6 only, and all 2.4
> > compatibility stuff will soon be removed from HEAD.
> >
> I would love to switch to 2.6, but I cannot because of missing 2.6
> drivers. I don't think I'm the only one...
> For me, I don't have access to the internet with 2.6 because there
> is no driver for AVM DSL SL USB available yet.
> I don't like to be switched off from the main tree because of this.

IMHO creating a CVS branch is the appropriate tool to work on two
parallel lines of development. It does not mean anyone is cut off from
main development.

Also, I suspect that a good deal of work will be done on the
2.4 branch (not by me, of course :-), and will have to be forward
ported...

Johannes