[linux-dvb] Re: Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146(rev 01)

Hello Mariao,

I have a Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
which i want to use for Sky-Dsl.
Due to the fact that i can not access that box with that card right now, i
need to find out as much information as possible to get it runing once i am
in front of that box.

I had a look at kernel 2.6.x and they have a SAA7146 option in there in
Multimedia. So i  guess the card will run under linux.
It depends. Are you sure that it's a DVB card? (so you can actually use something like Sky-DSL which uses a satellite link for downstreaming)

If you don't know the exact brand or model, you need to try to load the various "budget" drivers + the possible frontend drivers.

But my actual question is:
How can i use a tv-device to dial up?
Please don't get me wrong: perhaps you should get some informations about how "Sky-DSL" works first, then make sure you have all informations needed by your provider, then get your backchannel (modem, isdn) working, then get in front of your computer and get the driver running.

ANY tips/hints/link are welcome.
Thanks a lot!
CU
Michael.