[linux-dvb] Re: Malvern UK transmitter

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 15:19, Simon Kilvington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	this may be perfectly normal, but I thought it was a bit odd...
> I'm receiving DVB-T from the Malvern transmitter, and the frequencies
> I tune in to correspond to the ones listed on the OfCom web site:
>
> http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/digital_trans_guide/show_tr
>ansmitter.asp-siteID=49.html
>
> but when I run "scan" from the linux-dvb-apps-1.1.0 tar ball - giving
> it "T 722166667 8MHz 3/4 3/4 QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE" as a starting point,
> it gives the Network Name as Sutton Coldfield. Also, even if I leave
> scan running for about an hour it keeps trying to tune into a bunch of
> non-existant frequencies (aswell as 5 of the 6 on the Malvern
> transmitter) and never tries to tune to the last Malvern frequency
> (718MHz) - so it never ends...
>
> 	got any ideas?

Several of the UK transmitters I know of are misconfigured... it looks like
they've forgotten to update the NIT tables giving the frequencies. e.g. Angus
and Craigkelly had bad NIT tables when I was testing them last year (although
they may have been fixed by now).

If you think that's bad, you should see the tables on Hotbird. Sheesh.
Certainly good if you want to bulletproof your table parsing code :)