[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel CVS branched for Linux 2.4

Am 20.04.2004 um 13:51 schrieb Michael Hunold:

There haven't been many complaints in the past -- either because users still use the "DVB" tree from CVS for 2.4 or because the current dvb-kernel is good enough for them.
The dvb-kernel thing (in my opinion) ist far away from the quality of the old 2.4 "DVB" driver (stability, liveview, diseqc).

I found it very confusing what happens with the DVB driver lately. First i heard that the old (for me very stable) DVB tree is obsolete, what means that no further development is done for it. Further development is only done in the dvb-kernel (which contains now both, 2.4 and 2.6) tree. Now the things are changing again, dvb-kernel is now only 2.6 and... what does now happen with the DVB Tree?

From my point of view (i'm not involved in the DVB development in any way) this is more then confusing. I've get the impression that most of the energy is wasted in strutural changes instead of making the hole thing more stable (which i think is the major thing to complain about the DVB driver).

Tom.