[linux-dvb] Re: Channel change delay

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:
Hi,

I asked this on the VDR mailing list and was redirected here.

Is there any way to reduce the massive channel change delays? I am running 2 DVB-T budget cards and one Full Featured DVB-S card for output and channel change times are quite disconcerting.

Every time my parents change the channel they have to ask what's wrong as the screen stays black for 4 or 5 seconds (last night it even took 7 seconds a few times).
Are you experiencing this with vdr or apps in general? I once had the problem with vdr, when I compiled a 1.2.x version on a NPTL enabled system. Using a NPTL disabled system, vdr tuned very fast. I haven't treid vdr 1.3.x with NPTL, though.

Prakash