[linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci CI interface testing

> Well, I've tested it some more now but I'm still unable to get the
> decryption going. Free channels work nicely and I get data from
> scrambled channels too but it's not getting descrambled :(
>
> I've only tested this with MythTV. Since I'm currently not in front of
> the machine, the best I can do for now is try to get a recording going.
> This is what I get in the log:

[...]

> CAM: Conax 4.00e, 01, 0B00, 04B1
> 2004-04-22 23:56:17 DVB#0 CAM - Sending PMT to slot 0.
> ERROR: CAM: Read failed: slot 0, tcid 1
>
> 2004-04-22 23:56:44 DVB#0 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error.
> PID = 700
> 2004-04-22 23:56:44 DVB#0 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error.
> PID = 701
> 2004-04-22 23:56:46 DVB#0 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error.
> PID = 700
> 2004-04-22 23:56:46 DVB#0 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error.
> PID = 701
> CAM: Conax 4.00e, 01, 0B00, 04B1
> ERROR: CAM: Read failed: slot 0, tcid 1
>
> 2004-04-22 23:57:10 DVB#0 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error.
> PID = 700
> 2004-04-22 23:57:10 DVB#0 WARNING - Transport Stream Continuity Error.
> PID = 701

[...]

> dvb_ca: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully
> dvb_ca: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully
> dvb_ca: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully
> dvb_ca: DVB CAM detected and initialised successfully
> dvb_ca: PC card did not respond :(

I assume this must be MythTV resetting the CAM when it gets the read errors.
The only time a read can fail is as follows:

1) If a buffer < 2 bytes is supplied during the read, the driver will return
-EINVAL.
2) If nonblocking mode is enabled, and there is no data, it will return
-EWOULDBLOCK.
3) If a signal occurs interrupting the driver when it is attempting to acquire
the lock on the read buffer.
4) If an invalid buffer pointer is supplied the driver will return -EFAULT.

Of course another other possibility is that the read() isn't failing and
MythTV is actually reporting a timeout error here. Try enabling full debug
mode in the driver to see more detail... otherwise its time to start hacking
printfs into mythtv...

As to why you get the final "PC card did not respond" error... the CAM must
not like being reset so many times in a row.... I'll have to see if I can
sort that one out.

> I don't know if it's related but the Myth backend abends pretty often
> while trying to record scrambled channels. No log message or anything,
> it just dies... :-(
>
> Obviously the recordings don't work, the files stay at 0 kb.
>
> Is there some lower level tool to test the decryption so I can make sure
> this is not some MythTV bug?

Dunno... anyone?