[linux-dvb] DVB driver sometimes locks up system when loading

Hi,

since using a second budget card (Nova-S rev 1.1) for my VDR, I have
sometimes strange problems when loading the dvb driver (version 2003-11-08)
with 'make insmod'. Here´s what happens:

make[1]: Wechsel in das Verzeichnis
Verzeichnis »/usr/local/src/linux-dvb.2003-11-08/driver/av7110«
insmod input; \
insmod evdev; \
insmod dvb-ttpci.o;
Using /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/input/input.o
Using /lib/modules/2.4.22/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.o

After that, the machine is dead. Cursor is still blinking, but the keyboard
does not respond anymore. One can only reset.

There is nothing special in the log files. The last entry is set when
the next entry would be:

Apr 21 7:08:54 localhost kernel: Linux video capture interface: v1.00

What I´m wondering about is, that this has never occured when powering on by
hand. It only seems to occur in the following situations:
VDR boots up because of a timer. All works fine. VDR shuts down ok. VDR
again boots up for the next timer. In that case the error occurs.

I´ve already swapped all pci cards without a solution. The same problem
existed with an older driver. The shutdown by VDR is made with a simply
"halt -p". System is SUSE 8.1 with vanilla kernel 2.4.22. Motherboard is an
ASUS K7M with an Athlon 800.

Any hints?

Thanks,

Christian