[linux-dvb] Re: DVB driver sometimes locks up system whenloading

Wolfgang Thiel <w-thiel@gmx.net> writes:

> Just to exclude one possibility: are you sure the kernel and the modules
> were compiled with the same compiler?
> I had similiar problems when the kernel was compiled with 2.95, while
> the modules were compiled with 3.x.

I'm pretty sure about that. I use Debian stable on the computer I had
problems with and I compile the kernel myself. I believe that the gcc
version has been 2.95 for quite some time in that system.

Thanks for the try, anyhow :)

--
Mikko    PGP public key fingerprint:
         8FC9 D413 3A31 95B3 6BEE  709B 494A 3EFB 9D36 4342