[linux-dvb] Software CI

Hi there,

It is a touchy subject, but what I am wanting to get it a budget-DVB card and have the same device node structure as an expensive card.. My logic is
if (no_CI)
{
initialise_software_descrambler();
}

The CSA is quite easy but obviously takes CPU cycles as apposed to the hardware version. I would like to link mgcam or radegast or similar so I can use a dedicated PC as a multimedia station.

Jusding for the hesitation, is there a problem with CSA or something like that? legalities?

Richard