[linux-dvb] Re: [help] Failed compile of linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I must admit I was getting a bit frustrated.

I am going to give Kernel 2.6.5 a try since it is the easiest way to go.

Can you confirm this is the correct set of actions?
1. get 2.6.5 kernel source from kernel.org
2. get patch-2.6.5-kraxel.gz from bytesex.org
3. decompress the kernel and apply the patch to it
4. make the kernel, ensuring I2C, V4L and the bttv driver are configured

Should I2C and V4L be modules or compiled into the kernel?

5. reboot into new kernel

6. use the utils from the linuxtv-1.1.0-apps download to see if everything
is working

Thanks,
Ty