[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan troubles

RadioUrban@t-online.de (Jürgen Urban) writes:

> Am Dienstag, 27. April 2004 21:29 schrieb Måns Rullgård:
>> "Jürgen Urban" <JuergenUrban@gmx.de> writes:
>> > I have the same card and the same problems (TwinHan with CI, Card 113, I
>> > got the the card two weeks ago). I added the modules to /etc/modules and
>> > then I inserted a CAM with smart card. This didn't help. Then I waited a
>> > week and suddenly it was working without changes. After rebooting the
>> > system it failed again. I rebooted the system more than ten times and
>> > suddenly it was working again.
>> > The CAM is not needed, but I think the message "dst_check_ci: write not
>> > successful, maybe no card?" means that there is no cam or smart card.
>>
>> I was informed that the bttv module needs the option i2c_hw=1.  It
>> still doesn't explain your intermittent behavior, though.  Is your PCB
>> yellow or red, BTW?  There are apparently several revisions of the
>> card, and the new ones are red.
>
> If you meant the Printed Circuit Board, it is red (like this picture
> http://www.qbytes.de/popup_image1.php?pID=1898).
> The producer TwinHan claims that the card is supported by linux, so I bought
> this card.

The red card is supported by drivers in Linux 2.6, except the
conditional access module.  Twinhan have binary drivers for Linux 2.4,
but they don't implement the standard API, so few programs are likely
to work well.  Many programs might work in a limited way if you first
tune the card using their example programs.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@pronto.tv