[linux-dvb] AverTV DVB-T un-viewable QAM_64 channels (QAM_16 work perfectly)...massive noise

Hi there

I have recently purchased an AverMedia AverTV DVB-T pci card (NEBULA clone) which i have installed under a 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 kernel. I am using the card in the UK

The card itself is working correctly and i can use XINE and MYTHTV to view channels with QAM_16 perfectly.

However, any channel that is QAM_64 (quite a lot of UK channels) load up and they immediately make bad blocks all over the screen so the picture is virtually unviewable, and the sound starts to sqeak and pop. I have now tested 10 QAM_64 channels which all do the same thing under XINE, MPLAYER and MYTHTV.....and tested 5+ channels that use QAM_16 and work 100% perfectly.

I have tried the latest CVS drivers for the card and still this problem occurs. I need to just mention that all the channels including those qam_64 ones work fine and clear on windows... and i have also run dvbtune to these channels and i have 0 block errors and so the signal strength is high.

I have made a sample of what happens to the picture with a raw dvbstream available at http://packetoverdose.com/test.mpg (only 30kb/sec upload)

If anyone could suggest any pointers to help me get over this problem i'd be most appreciative

Kind Regards
Richard Hamnett