[linux-dvb] Re: bttv & twinhan thoughts

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
Brad Campbell wrote:

Gerd Knorr wrote:

As initializing the analog video stuff makes the card lock the PCI bus
I see to way around this.  Basically you must not touch any of the video
registers, which is impossible to do without breaking the analog cards,
at least the ones which also don't have a PCI Subsystem ID.  Unless you
find some way to detect the card without the ID ...
This is the bit that has me wondering.
If it's a standard connexant 878 chip on it (and it appears to be) then there must be some strange setup that causes it to lock the PCI bus.. This is the bit I'm wondering about. Why does the windows driver not do the same..

There is no "the windows driver" for analog bt8xx cards. I suspect
at least some of the analog bt8xx windows drivers will crash
the box too, if you add a DVB bt8xx card.
Righto, let me rephrase that then.
The windows driver for my Flyvideo 98, which also happens to pick up the DVB card when I insert it and not lock the box up.

Brad