[linux-dvb] Re: V4 API Implementation Q's

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 11:13:00AM +0200, Michael Hunold wrote:

> You can of course fake a recording filter again by creating a separate
> recording buffer memory, where the data from the indivudal pid filters
> is written to (like the av7110 does).

Our av7110 firmware actually implements one recording filter,
i.e. all data from all PID filters go into one common ring buffer
(to preserve the original muxing of the TS for recordings).
Individual PID filters are implemented in the software demuxer
in the Linux driver.

Johannes