[linux-dvb] Re: Fwd: Re: DEBI irq oops, crashes: kernel 2.6 &Hyperthreading unusable with DVB

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Stephan [iso-8859-1] Böni wrote:

> I've installed my Nexus DVB-S under kernel 2.6.4-52 (SuSE Linux 9.1). The
> Install-HowTo you will find here:
>
> http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?sid=&postid=131213#post131213
> (only in german)

Thanx, but my question wasnt how to start DVB/VDR etc. I was asking about big
driver problems during runtime. I can only see one difference (ok, exactly
there are more, youre using SuSE and Im using debian but the use of the
drivers in your setup should be identical) to mine, another kernel version
(I doubt that this would help) and a switch to dvb-ttpci:

modprobe dvb-ttpci hw_sections=0

What does hw_sections=0 stands for ?

Mermgfurt,
		Udo