[linux-dvb] Re: How to load tda1004x firmware in Linux 2.6

On Mon, 3 May 2004 14:13:38 +0100
"Paul Woodward" <paul_woodward@fastnet.co.uk> wrote:

> You need to compile and load budget_ci in order for the card to be
> recognized.
>
> Mattia
>
> Are you sure this is the solution? I think something changed between
> 2.6.3 and 2.6.4/5. The latest versions _always_ fail to open the
> firmware file whereas 2.6.3/2/1/0 load it fine. I've not been able to
> find any explanation anywhere.
>
> Cheers, Paul

Well, Adam was talking about not getting anything in the syslog, that usually
happens because only the tda1004x module gets loaded, for my technothrend budget
I have to load the budget_ci module in order to see frontend messages in the
syslog.

I am actually using 2.6.4, with the dvb-kernel drivers from cvs, I am not using
the dvb driver in the kernel tree, I'm afraid I can't help with the firmware not
found issue, except that you should double-check that you enabled support for
drivers that require external firmware, support for hotplug, and check
in drivers/media/dvb/frontends/tda1004x.c that the
define DVB_TDA1004X_FIRMWARE_FILE is pointing to an existing file ....

Cheers

Mattia