[linux-dvb] Re: SkyStar2 Rev. 2.6C & hyperthreading

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> Is the following screenshot of the lockup helpful?
>
>     http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/dvb/p5033564.jpg

Well maybe. I think there were some spin_lock()s missing
in the software demux, which I added in CVS (dvb_demux.c).
Generally the rule is that data which is shared by process
context and irqs (or between irqs on SMP) must be protected
by spinlocks. However, the software demux accesses data from
many software layers, so I am not confident that I fixed
it for good :-(

(For more information read:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/kernel-locking/ )

Anyway, please test.