[linux-dvb] Re: budget-ci (Technotrend / current CVS) + irdeto 2.09 crash

In article <2926.10.10.10.199.1084074144.squirrel@10.10.10.199> you write:
>         insmod ./dvb-core.ko
>         # frontend drivers
>         insmod ./stv0299.ko
> #       insmod ./tda1004x.ko
>         # saa7146 based siemens/technotrend/hauppauge cards
>         insmod ./saa7146.ko
>         insmod ./saa7146_vv.ko
>         insmod ./ttpci-eeprom.ko
>         insmod ./budget-core.ko
> #       insmod ./budget.ko
>         insmod ./budget-ci.ko

Try loading the frontend drivers _after_ all card drivers.

I have two cards like thus:
DVB: registering new adapter (Technotrend/Hauppauge PCI rev2.1).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-CI PCI).
(that is a new Nova-S SE, which apparently needs the budget-ci driver
although is has no CI).
Both use the stv0299 frontend. I get a similar crash when I load the
drivers in the order dvb-ttpci, stv0299, budget-ci but it works when I
load them in the order dvb-ttpci, budget-ci, stv0299.

To the DVB developers: take this as a bug report, stv0299 apparently
does not like a client attached after it has been loaded.
(Kernel 2.6.5 vanilla, dvb-kernel from CVS as of yesterday.)

Olaf