[linux-dvb] Re: Trying to get a ``polished'' MPEG stream from DVB

recently I fixed a bug in mplayer's demuxer that skipped too little data in case of errors, causing some artefacts during decoding.
Now broken streams should appear much more resistent to errors, so you should try to remove -tskeepbroken.

Nico
Sounds good -- I'll grab a new copy and give it a go.

The other thing I've noticed is that once a recording goes past 6h37m, mencoder starts outputting
Error in stream: PTS to SCR delay 8999 is too little!
messages.
I assume this is because that's the point at which a 32-bit signed integer representation of the PTS will overflow. Based on your knowledge of the mplayer code, is that something that's likely to be easy to fix, or is that a major issue?

Cheers,
Marty.