[linux-dvb] Re: mpeg 4:2:2

Hi,

On Saturday 15 May 2004 21:01, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Christian Schuld wrote:
> > does anybody known a solution to playback mpeg 4:2:2 (like the EBU Feeds
> > on Eutelsat W3 @ 7.0E) with linux?
> >
> > I have tried my full-featured av711x based rev 1.3 card => frozen
> > picture, many arm-crashes after a few seconds.
> >
> > Mplayer (todays cvs) refuses to display video with this error messages:
> > MPEG: bad sequence header extension
> > Video: Cannot read properties.
> >
> > Xine (0.9.23) dies with a "bad extension" error message.
> >
> > libmpeg2's mpeg2dec (0.4.0) on other hand is able to playback the demuxed
> > video stream.
> >
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> mplayer supports many codecs, including libmpeg2.
> Try 'mplayer -vc help'.

The -vc switch doesn't help, error message is still the same. I also tried
linking mplayer against the latest libmpeg2, but the result is the same: "bad
sequence header extension"

So the problem in mplayer must be before codec comes in play, maybe in
somewhere in the demuxer?

Perhaps Nico can comment on this?

If it helps I can provide some short transport stream samples.

--
Viele Grüße
Christian