[linux-dvb] Re: dec2000-t + mplayer

Alex Woods wrote:

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 09:14:13PM +0200, j@reboot.fm wrote:

still fighting with mplayer. attached are the logs than loading, syslog,dmesg and output of mplayer
ttusb-dec debug=1
switch on DEC2000
mplayer dvb://VOX

May 15 14:53:57 localhost kernel: ttusb_dec: found DSP code "DEC2540-t".

Is the unit a 2000 or a 2450? If it's a 2000, you're using the wrong firmware - see linux/Documentation/dvb/ttusb-dec.txt. If it's a 2450, please note that there is no Conax support in the driver, which means that encrypted channels will not work.

hmm, I get that message everytime I use the box (a 2000)... I got all three firmware files in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware - obviously it's using the wrong one even if the right one is available. I will remove the ones I don't need and try again ...

Ulf

Cheers,
Alex