[linux-dvb] Re: dec2000-t + mplayer

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 03:44:38PM +0200, alve wrote:
> Alex Woods wrote:
>
> >On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 09:14:13PM +0200, j@reboot.fm wrote:
> >

> >>still fighting with mplayer.
> >>attached are the logs than loading, syslog,dmesg and output of mplayer
> >>ttusb-dec debug=1
> >>switch on DEC2000
> >>mplayer dvb://VOX
> >>
> >>May 15 14:53:57 localhost kernel: ttusb_dec: found DSP code "DEC2540-t".
> >>

> >Is the unit a 2000 or a 2450?  If it's a 2000, you're using the wrong
> >firmware - see linux/Documentation/dvb/ttusb-dec.txt.  If it's a 2450,
> >please note that there is no Conax support in the driver, which means that
> >encrypted channels will not work.
> >

> hmm, I get that message everytime I use the box (a 2000)... I got all
> three firmware files in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware - obviously it's using
> the wrong one even if the right one is available. I will remove the ones
> I don't need and try again ...

Sorry, I misread it as 2450 rather than 2540.  I've just checked and the
firmwares for both the 2000 and 2450 are versioned 2540.  I've also had a
chance to build dvb support into mplayer, and it tunes and plays fine for me.

I have found one thing that doesn't work - USB 2.0 ports.  Those fail at
ttusb_dec_start_iso_xfer because split iso transfers are still in development
in the EHCI driver.  The error number is 38 so I'm guessing that is j's
problem:

> > > SET PES FILTER ON PID 545 to fd 7, RESULT: 0, ERRNO: 38
> > > SET PES FILTER ON PID 546 to fd 8, RESULT: 0, ERRNO: 38

Not sure why nothing is appearing in the kernel logs there - it should be.  If
you're using USB 2.0, you can try turning on 'Full speed ISO transactions'
under 'EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support' in the kernel configuration.  It's an
experimental option so you will need those turned on.  It doesn't work for me
(enomem error, not sure why yet - I will have a proper look), but it may for
you.

j - have you had the oops since updating your cvs checkout?  mplayer seems to
stop the streams despite them having failed to start, which is why you were
getting it I suspect.  If the driver is still oopsing, it needs to be fixed.

Cheers,
Alex