[linux-dvb] Re: 13/18V voltage with DVB-S 1.6 (Grundig 29504-491)

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

>      this card in the subject does have sometimes problems
> with horizontal transponder, especially with the that of
> ZDF and KiKa.  It seems that the voltage may be to less
> (< 18V).  If I use a so called inline amplifier the no
> of the horizontal transponders are visible whereas the
> vertical are really perfect and very fast switched.

What good can such an inline amplifier do? It will only add noise.
I don't know much about the Grundig FE, but probably you
should check your cables and LNB?

> Is there something like a phantom powering available to
> help the DVB-S cards with their weak powering.  Or should
> I use a multi-switch for this single LNB/LNC flat dish?
>
> Maybe the register 0x20 could get an other value than
> 0x11 (first and fifth bit) within tda8083_set_voltage()
> to get 18.5V instead of 18V ... if this is possible
> with the Grundig tuner.

I have no idea, because I don't have a data sheet for the
NIM. TDA8083 register 0x20 only defines four of the six
general pupose i/o pins, it depends on the NIM what is
connected to them.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index