[linux-dvb] Re: DVB signal

From: "Wolfgang Wegner" <wolfgang@leila.ping.de>
> Furthermore, percentage readings are only one possibility.

The _only_ possibility, I'd say.

> For comparison, dBµV oder dBm values would be best IMHO,

Name a receiver card from which you actually can get such a reading. So far
I've only seen two demodulator data sheets which gave a formula to
calculate dB from the SNR reading. All other data sheets won't tell you how
the register readings relate to dB, dBµV or dBm. Thus, you cannot get such
a value from most hardware. A percentage is the best you can get, from my
experience.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach