[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge NOVA-T and unresolved symbols undergentoo

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:45:41PM +0100, Jim Darby wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 10:22, Stephen Kirkby wrote:

This does cheers - the search for the two missing devices can end! Ill try kaxtv, but do you know if the budget Nova-T (i.e. without audio0 and video0) can be used by MythTV?
I'm not sure. I have a feeling it might be able to. I've never used
MythTV so I'm not sure. Ahhh, I just had a look at mythtv-0.12 and it
doesn't appear to support DVB. It's entirely possible I'm missing
something though. It also seems to require loads of other software,
MySQL for example....

I missed Stephen's original post. The answer is a resounding YES, you
can use MythTV with budget cards. I have two in my system.

You need at least MythTV 0.14 for DVB support. 0.15.1 is just out.
Use at least version 0.15 in the UK as the switching between widescreen and normal modes doesn't work well in earlier versions. Channel Four does this lots when showing US TV programs (normal mode for the programs, widescreen for the adverts). I'm guessing Stephen is in the UK by the email address.

JD

Home | Main Index | Thread Index