[linux-dvb] Re: [ xine ] DEC 2000-t / 3000s Hangs up - Why?

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:01:59AM +0200, Florian Fischer wrote:
> I have the Kernel 2.4.26 installed and the linuxdvb.org driver. The
> newest 1.1.1!
> I compiled the drivers and i load the modules. Everything is fine. I
> created a channels.conf and copied to ~/.xine/ dir.
> After I start xine i switch to DVB an the first channels appears.
> I switched through different channels and xine HANGS UP or can't get a
> datastream form the box.
>
> Why?

I believe there is a bug in xine with channels that have a video pid of 0 (ie
DVB radio).  When I switch to one of those in xine it locks up completely and
has to kill -9'ed.  You should probably check your channels.conf for those
channels and remove them.

> Is there a driver bug or should i use an older firmware? (i use 2.17 for
> germany)

I think there is also a driver bug with some systems although I haven't managed
to replicate it.  The symptoms it displays are USB timeouts in the kernel logs.

Cheers,
Alex

Home | Main Index | Thread Index