[linux-dvb] Re: DVB standards or other documentation

On Friday 04 Jun 2004 18:57, you wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 06:34:37PM +0200, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> > My main problems are understanding those filtering stuff and pid and how
> > everything works together? (section filtering, hardware filtering etc.)
> >
> > Can someone point me to special standard document or any other
> > documentation, which deals with that topic?
>
> I don't know at what point you are, but studying ETSI EN 300468 and
> ISO/IEC 13818 might be a good starting point.
>
> You can find the papers on the net.

For the MPEG2 standards you'll want ISO13818-1 (systems), ISO13818-1(video),
and ISO13818-2(audio).

It is the same standard as:

ITU H 222.0 (ISO31818-1,systems), and
ITU H.262 (ISO31818-2, video)

ITU let you download up to three standards for free from their website....

As for (ISO31818-2, audio), there are various drafts of it floating about;
search on google.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index