From: linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org
[mailto:linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org]On Behalf Of Patrick Boettcher
Sent: 05 June 2004 06:24
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] driver question (after reading some specs)

Hi again,

after reading some of the proposed docs and specs I'm not completly
satisfied.

Short reminder, I'm writing the driver for TwinHan VP7041 USB and so I'm
able to sniff traffic. So I did:

I now know, that the windows software is requesting Transport Stream from
the device (188 byte packets which starts with 0x47).
I now want to know, what I have to do as driver developer. I think somehow
I have to take care, that no truncated packets are passed to the user?

If a experienced driver developer would have a look at:
http://vaasa.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/vp7041/berlin1.d.d

This is post processed usb log file from scanning 522 MHz in Berlin.

For me it looks like the win software sets the pids (0x0000 0x0011 0x0014)
and then it receives the TS.

How should I implement this in the linux driver? Which template should I
use? (and which functions do the magic?)

Thanks for any help in advance,
-the excited and slightly confused after-
Patrick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index