[linux-dvb] Re: driver question (after reading some specs)

<snip>

I already did. The linux driver is currently able to tune to a frequency
(and bandwitdh), get signal strength and get some dvb stream (identified
as TS). My question now was, what do I have to do to get this stream to
user space.

<snip>

Once the driver pushes the packets into the kernel demux, the normal linuxtv
api based tools can open /dev/dvb/adapterX/demuxX and configure the pids;
then read the TS packets from /dev/dvb/adapterX/dvrX. Lots of these userland
tools are already written. Run some google searches or checkout the
mpegtools and/or api documentation from the linuxtv website.

Steve

Home | Main Index | Thread Index