[linux-dvb] Re: Woe with budget-ci that lacks ci

> > Damn, missed that. So it works perfectly in windows?
>
> 100% perfect in Windows. I went as far as grabbing a spare drive, and
> installing it on the all the hardware I'm using normally under Linux, and
> it didn't skip a beat. Reception was rock solid and displayed no errors at
> all.

Very weird. I'm kinda stumped by this one...

The two times I've seen something like this were with multiswitches:

1) The problem I was talking about earlier with V polarity. The V polarity
gradually drifts up to the H polarity. This means V is OK for a few seconds,
but then gradually gets worse and worse. H polarities are fine though. This
only happens with multiswitches which don't draw much current from the card.

2) The aerial installers had wired up the feeds from a Quattro dish wrongly
(so they had the H and V leads swapped etc) This had several weird results:

a) Dedicated satellite decoders worked perfectly - they must automatically try
all different combinations of settings.

b) The DVB cards could somehow lock on to the signal even though the wrong
polarity/band was wired up. It was the correct channel (verified with NIT
tables), but with massive errors.

But neither of those seem to fit with your report. Well (1) does, but that
would affect windows as well.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index