[linux-dvb] Re: Small STV299 cleanup

Hi Johannes,

> Hello Christian,
>
> Christian Gmeiner wrote:
> > If you dont change anything at the dvb-core then you can do everything.
> > have with
> > the sysfs patch a little problem, but Greg KH - maintainer of
udev/sysfs -
> > is helping
> > me out at the moment. So if he is fast enough, i could release it in the
> > next few days.
> > Oh and i looks from the structure (entries in /dev) like devfs.
> > With the patch i am introducing an abstract way to handle different
> > filesystem types
> > like devfs, sysfs and procfs.
> > At the moment devfs and procfs are working very superb... sysfs will
follow
> > :)
>
> In case you haven't noticed it from my previous postings on the subject,
> I am not too thrilled about your approach of adding another layer to the
> DVB device registration stuff. I think this is unnecessary.

The layer is needed to support devfs. If you want only to support sysfs, i
will delete
the layer will work directly with sysfs.

> What I would like to have is a patch that concentrates on adding
> support for the new device model to the DVB driver core, as detailed in
> http://lwn.net/Articles/driver-porting/, without doing anything else.

I will rewrite most parts of the patch, because udev does not support
features - at the moment -
i need. But i killed my dvb tuner some days ago, is i must wait for my new
dvb to work on it.

Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index